IF YOU ARE FIRST GAME ON SCHEDULE YOU NEED TO SET UP, IF YOU ARE LAST YOU NEED TO TAKE DOWN (Remember to LOCK the equipment room when done)
Contact a Board member well in advance for help of game date if you are unsure or if need key to unlock/lock equipment room.
SET UP HOME GAMES VMFL (if you are Flag game you still set up for tackle if games after you)
· Field markers and Goal post pads (in batting cage shed)
· Bring out chains (kept in equipment room)
· Table, chairs and tent, commissioner sheet, pen- for Commissioner-placed at centre on team sidelines, (equipment room or batting cage)
· Table, chairs (and tent if needed) for scoreboard volunteer. (equipment room)
· Bring out scoreboard equipment (equipment room), set up scoreboard, get extension cords. (set up on spectator sidelines) plug in scoreboard, and plug in scoreboard equipment at table,
· Announcer equipment if using.(equipment room)
· Benches for home and away teams.(benches are outside by bathrooms or around back of building)
· Flags (equipment room) if wanting (set up on spectator sidelines, not in way of chain gang or spectator benches)
· Have your team or parents move the bleachers to face the field if needed.
Take Down for Home games: ***Not everything gets chucked into the equipment room*** Remember to LOCK the EQUIPMENT ROOM
- Chains-go in far left corner of room when facing in
- Tables (far right corner of room)
- chairs, tents (can go into batting cage if room or if wet),
- Scoreboard and announcer equipment.
- Loose smaller extension cords (UNTANGLED) and hung up on wall/put away.
- Flags to be taken apart and placed in far left corner of room
Batting Cage Shed: (placed not thrown in)
- Goal post pads, field markers and wheelbarrow, wheeled extension cord (put away UNTANGLED), larger extension cords (UNTANGLED) placed not thrown in. Tents can go in batting cage if wet or if room.
- · Replace benches back by bathrooms.
Scoreboard if you are the last game is covered with tarps and locked to the fence